Last Updated on April 7, 2020
Happy New Year, Everyone!
Joy has updated the Expert’s Guide to Local SEO and we’re proud to announce it is over 225 pages of cutting-edge problem-solving techniques! Now is a great time to get in on the knowledge and get your copy! Don’t forget to subscribe to the updates, they’re a key component in keeping current in the ever-changing world of Local Search & SEO. Joy did a round-up post about all the changes posted to the guide at the SterlingSky blog! Definitely worth a read!
Need a copy? Get yours here!
December’s updates were pretty numerous, despite it being a holiday month – Google and Joy were pretty busy!
- Updated the moved feature section to add a piece of information that I got from Google about the difference between merging and moving a listing.
- Added the sign-up form to get Local Services by Google ads to show up on Google Assistant.
- Added a section on business hours clarifying the different rules that apply to servicearea businesses, seasonal businesses and storefronts. Also added a section clarifying what a business should do if they have a storefront but don’t want to show up as “closed” during the night when they are willing to accept emergency calls.
- Added a section covering 3rd party tools that sync with Google My Business (Yext, Moz Local) and what you need to know before using them.
- Added an example of someone who got a spammy structured markup penalty due to review schema and what they concluded about if marking up 3rd party reviews has anything to do with it.
- Added a section on best practices for agencies who manage tons of GMB listings.
- Added as section on Google’s new verification process explaining exactly how it works and how it makes it impossible for another company to hold a GMB listing hostage.
- Added a fourth way to find duplicate listings that works really well if you’re trying to get a list of all the locations for a specific company.
- Video: Last Week in Local for 11/23/2020- Amazon Pharmacy, Links – plus Craig Mount Interview - November 24, 2020
- Last Week in Local 11/16/2020 – Ghost Kitchens? To Blog or Not to Blog? Establishing Niche Experts for Local & More - November 16, 2020
- Video: Last Week in Local 11/9/20 - November 9, 2020