The Expert’s Guide to Local SEO September Update has been sent to subscribers!
** What’s New in the August 2018 update?
- Google My Business now has a direct phone number (different than the one for AdWords that stopped working).
- Updated the Local Services Ads section:
- Clarified what businesses are eligible to appear in the free section.
- Removed section on signing up for the Google Assistant since this is now automatic.
- Updated the section on reviews to clarify how LSA reviews are different than GMB reviews.
- Added a section that shows how much leads cost with LSAs
- Added a section on the August 1 algorithm update and what major things we saw.
- Added a tip to see the email address of a manager on your Google My Business listing.
- Updated the timeline of updates to include everything that’s happened so far in August.
- There have been 18 Google My Business categories added since April 2018 and 4 removed. Updated the timeline of changes.
- Added Jason Brown’s hack for getting more reviews on Yelp.
- Updated the link to a complete list of Google MyBusiness Categories
Latest posts by Carrie Hill (see all)
- How To Turn Off GMB Business Messaging Notifications on iPhone or Android - August 20, 2021
- Video: Last Week in Local for Week Ending August 2, 2021 - August 2, 2021
- Video: Last Week in Local for July 6, 2021 - July 6, 2021