The Local University community is comprised of a network of people with common goals and interests, who collaborate by sharing ideas, information, and resources. It is imperative that each and every person attending any of our events has a positive and rewarding experience. We invite all faculty, speakers, attendees, sponsors, vendors, and participants to help us provide a safe, respectful, and positive experience for everyone. When you participate in a LocalU event you are contributing to the event experience, which requires us all to be accountable to each other.
LocalU Advanced Community Code of Conduct
For all event attendees, participants, speakers, exhibitors, and faculty members
LocalU has established this Code of Conduct to provide guidelines to Participants and to ensure that all Participants understand what is expected, and what behavior will not be tolerated at a LocalU event. LocalU expects all Participants to abide by this Code of Conduct at all events, both virtual and in-person. This includes conference-related social events at off-site locations and our related online communities and social media.
LocalU is dedicated to providing a harassment-free and inclusive event experience for everyone regardless of disabilities, neurodiversity, physical appearance, body size, ethnicity, nationality, race, age, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, or other protected category. Participants asked to stop any harassing behavior are expected to comply immediately.
All determinations of appropriate or inappropriate behavior are at LocalU’s sole discretion and the decision(s) of the LocalU representatives on-site will be final.
All faculty, speakers, attendees, sponsors, vendors, and participants are to abide by this code of conduct at all conference venues and conference-related social events.
LocalU expects that all event attendees and community members will:
- Be considerate and respectful to all community members, both virtual and in-person.
- Refrain from demeaning, discriminatory, or harassing behavior, materials, and speech.
- Speak up if anything concerning is observed. If you are being harassed or feel uncomfortable, notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns, please contact a member of the LocalU event faculty and staff immediately.
Unacceptable behavior from any community member will not be tolerated. Unacceptable behavior includes, but is not limited to:
- Intimidating, harassing, abusive, discriminatory, derogatory, or demeaning speech, materials, or conduct by any Participant of the event and related event activities. Additionally, some event venues are shared with members of the public; please be respectful to all patrons of these locations.
- Violence, threats of violence, or violent language directed against another person.
- Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
- Personal insults, particularly those related to disability, race, gender, sexual orientation, race, or religion.
- Inappropriate photography or recording.
- Taking of photos within the event environment for use on social media, without the prior permission of the individuals or owners of the content therein.
- Any boisterous, lewd, or offensive behavior or language, including but not limited to using sexually explicit or offensive language, materials or conduct, or any language, behavior, or content that contains profanity, obscene gestures, or racial, religious, or ethnic slurs.
- Failure to obey any rules or regulations of the event venue.
Unacceptable behavior will not be tolerated. Anyone asked to stop any unacceptable behavior is expected to comply immediately. If a Participant engages in unacceptable behavior, LocalU may take any action it deems appropriate, including warning or expelling the offender from the event with no refund. For more egregious behavior, LocalU may, with reasonable discretion, temporarily ban or permanently expel a Participant from the community.
WHAT TO DO IF YOU WITNESS OR ARE SUBJECTED TO UNACCEPTABLE BEHAVIOR
If you are subjected to unacceptable behavior, notice that someone else is being subjected to unacceptable behavior, or have any other concerns, please notify LocalU event staff as soon as possible. LocalU event staff will be available to assist those experiencing unacceptable behavior to feel safe for the duration of the event. All reports will remain completely confidential.
A badge must be picked up and worn for the duration of the conference event. Lost or misplaced tickets and badges will not be replaced.