Joy Hawkin’s Expert Guide to Local SEO continues to evolve with relevant, timely updates every month. The guide is now 200+ pages of information you need if you manage local search as a small business owner, marketing agency, or in-house SEO, either for SMB or Enterprise-level businesses.
Here are the updates posted this month:
- Completely redid the section on Home Service Ads
- Is Google making the 3-pack completely paid?
- Why is Google removing home-based businesses from the local results?
- Why are the reviews from HSAs different than GMB?
- What should SABs do to combat this?
- Added tips for what service area businesses can do to remove competitors from the local results that aren’t eligible to be there (per Google’s guidelines). Added specific guidance for areas that have home service ads.
- Added information about Google’s new Questions & Answers feature on Google Maps and what businesses should be aware of as well as some tips to make these more visible.
- After studying tons of examples, I have concluded that there was an algorithm update on June 13, 2017 that impacted the ranking of the local results. Added examples, findings, and theories.
- What is the purpose of the duplicate reporting option on Google Maps and should you use it?
- How to add a phone number extension in Google My Business.
If you’re ready to invest in your local search marketing, purchase your guide today!
- How To Turn Off GMB Business Messaging Notifications on iPhone or Android - August 20, 2021
- Video: Last Week in Local for Week Ending August 2, 2021 - August 2, 2021
- Video: Last Week in Local for July 6, 2021 - July 6, 2021