Recently Joy sent out June's updates to those who purchased her Expert's Guide to Local SEO and subscribed to stay up-to-date on new developments in the world of Local Search.
There were a ton of new updates in June - here's a list of the edits Joy made to the guide - which is now over 260 pages! Get your copy today!
- Added four pages about how the new Google My Business agency dashboard works. Information added includes:
- How to sign up and migrate accounts.
- Things you need to be aware of when getting access to new listings. The process is different than the normal version of the dashboard.
- Added a workaround for the issue of not being able to request access to a listing.
- Added a section clarifying what to do for businesses with AdWords accounts you manage since the agency dashboard does not sync to AdWords.
- Added the link to the dedicated support team at Google for agency dashboard issues.
- How to easily create graphs & charts using data from GMB Insights that shows month-over-month comparisons (something you can’t see in the dashboard).
- One of the tricks to see the address on a GMB listing that has hidden it stopped working recently. Updated the page to indicate this.
- Updated the Contacting Google page to remove the option for calling Google directly (no longer an option) and added a section clarifying which support methods can be used to report spam.
- Updated the Q&A section and added a section to clarify what the fastest way is to get rid of a question posted on your listing.
- Updated the timeline of updates to include everything that’s happened so far in June.
- Added a section on the Google My Business Messaging feature to clarify how much it’s being used, what you should know before setting it up, and how it shows up on your Knowledge Panel.
- Updated the Google My Business Description section to clarify if it impacts ranking.