Who is this Manual For?
This guide is written for anyone that wants to take an advanced look at Local SEO & Google My Business. Reading it will help you gain troubleshooting skills and tricks to improve the way you approach Local SEO for yourself or your clients.
Yours today for just $1,499
This guide assumes that you already have a basic understanding of SEO. The style of the guide is educational in nature and uses lots of screenshots and step-by-step instructions on how to do things. It is the perfect option for an agency who is struggling to train new employees or keep existing staff up-to-date on tactics.
I can’t recommend her or work highly enough.
When it come to understanding the ins and outs of Google local search there is no one that knows more than Joy Hawkins. When I have a question about the finer points of Google Local whether its the impact of the Possum update or ranking issues I turn to Joy for insight. I can’t recommend her or work highly enough.
Mike Blumenthal, CoFounder GetFiveStars.com
Rating: 5 / 5
Why Would I Want a Subscription?
After you buy the guide, we offer a low-cost option to keep a subscription so that you will continue to get updated versions of the manual. This is not a membership to LocalU Forums, rather it allows you to receive up to the minute updates to the manual. Each month, you'll get an email outlining what has changed in the guide along with your new copy. While Joy was writing this, she had to add and remove several pages over the course of a couple months because Google kept changing things.
Having a subscription will make it so the information you, or your staff, are looking at is current. Instead of surfing the internet to find the latest tactic, it will be delivered in your Inbox.
Having a monthly subscription will also be like having your own Local SEO expert on staff to advise and consult you, only you don't have to pay her salary.
Once you've purchased The Expert's Guide to Local SEO, you'll receive the option to subscribe to updates via your receipt. If you've purchased but don't receive a subscribe option, let us know and we'll get you set up right away!
Joy's Local SEO guide is a no-brainer.
What’s your time worth? If it’s anything over $100/hour and you don’t want your team “figuring it out” as they go, Joy’s Local SEO guide is a no-brainer.
Dev Basu, CEO PoweredBySearchRating: 5 / 5
What is Included in the Manual?
Yours today for just $1,499
I Would Highly Recommend her Local SEO Training
Also, if you are an SEO who is focusing on local search, I would highly recommend her Local SEO Training. It may seem a little pricey, but it has already saved me quite a few hours of work and I consider it well worth the money!Rating: 5 / 5
The manual is over 180 pages long and includes a wide variety of topics. Here are some of the things it addresses:
- Google recently shut down MapMaker and the Classic Version of G+ which makes it so most of the previously known ways to find duplicate Maps listing impossible. The guide shows 3 new tactics that work to help uncover duplicate listings without the need for G+ or MapMaker.
- How to deal with listings for practitioners who no longer work for your business.
- What rules in the Google My Business guidelines are actually enforced and what you stand to lose by breaking them
- How to get your edits to listings on Google Maps approved faster
- How to deal with the different types of suspensions that happen in Google My Business.
- Why using the address USPS suggests is a bad idea.
- What you need to know about the 2 local algorithm updates that happened in 2016.
- Everything you need to know about the local filter: How does it work? What do you do if you got filtered? How can you find a list of potential threats who could cause you to be filtered?
- How to find a list of categories on a competitor's listing without MapMaker.
- What fields are hidden from the public that exist on a listing.
- What strategies to use to get more Yelp reviews.
- How Yelp deals with duplicate & practitioner listings and how it varies from Google.
- How should a small business organize their website?
- When it is a good idea to invest in blogging, and when it's not.
- When it's a good idea for a small business to have multiple websites.
- Tips for optimizing YouTube videos.
- When a NAP discrepancy is worth fixing and when you can ignore it.
- 7 Ways to show ROI to a small business owner who is paying for Local SEO.
About Joy Hawkins
- Columnist on Search Engine Land
- Top Contributor for Google My Business
- Writer for Moz
- Speaker at Search Engine Expo (SMX)
- Faculty Member & Speaker at LocalU
- Top Contributor on the Local Search Forum
- Local Search Ranking Factors Contributor
Joy Hawkins is one of the most knowledgeable local search practitioners in the industry
Joy Hawkins is one of the most knowledgeable local search practitioners in the industry. She understands how to research, identify, and solve GMB ranking issues like no one else. If you’re struggling to rank in local search, Joy is the consultant that will get you on the right track.
Darren Shaw, Founder & President, WhitesparkRating: 5 / 5
Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Google My Business But Were Afraid to Ask...
After starting to read through this guide, it was soon obvious to me that I was reading the part of Joy Hawkins’ brain that deals with all things to do with “Local SEO,” and in particular, “Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Google My Business But Were Afraid to Ask…”
I’ve followed Joy Hawkins for a few years now with an ever-increasing understanding / interest in the subject of Local SEO, and Joy’s published articles and posts have helped me build upon my own professional and personal knowledge on the subject. I thought “what can this guide show me that I don’t know already?” –Well, I can tell you – it’s one hell a lot when it comes to what you thought you knew, as opposed to what you actually know. It’s all there in black and white – with excellent supportive color screenshots – to explain in detail the what, how and where questions you may have.
Is this the right guide for you? If you’re a Local SEO Specialist with the drive and the hunger to market yourself, and some big plans to become the “local” town/city SEO expert in your area, then this is a great business investment.
Is it worth it? It definitely is, especially if you have a team of SEO Specialists. This is an incredible training tool and guide, and can help your team get on track and moving in the right direction.
We all know how quickly Google updates how it’s going to do things, and that’s no truer in the world of Local SEO and GMB; but with regular updates from Joy herself, the guide should never become a dated. Thanks to this excellent Expert’s Guide to Local SEO, I know that myself and my team will always be at the front of the line (cough, queue) when it comes to knowing what’s best for our clients in this ever-changing local SEO landscape.
Andy Simpson | @ndyjsimpson | Senior SEO Manager – Digital Law Marketing, Inc.
What if I have Questions?
Joy would love to hear your feedback on the manual. Also, if you have any burning questions that you want her to answer in later editions, please drop her an email at email@example.com.
Yours today for just $1,499
Interested in becoming an affiliate for The Expert's Guide to Local SEO? Start your application today!